Saturday, May 29, 2010

New Start

I haven't ever had a personal blog before. I only created one because it was required for my technology class at UVU. I thought about what I could write about that people would actually want to read. In the end I decided I didn't have much people want to read but I do have have a talent that would be fun to share.

I suppose I will tell a little about my self first. My name is Whitney, and I live with my parents in Woodland Hills. It is a beautiful area, but I'm getting ready for a change. I moved home after my study abroad to Italy in 2008. Italy was the best experience of my life; I loved every minute of it. I loved all of the various types of art, and it was priceless to have an experienced instructor to teach about all the hidden treasures through out Italy. But it pretty much left me broke, and with student teaching on the horizon I wasn't able to work. Hence my current situation.

I graduated from UVU this Spring in Elementary Education and have been trying to find a teaching position since December. It's pretty brutal, and really frustrating. Especially because everyone has always said "education will always have teaching positions"and "getting a job as a teacher won't be to difficult" But I have found that isn't the case.
When I'm not trying to earn money or out looking for a job I like to relax. I love to read and try to find books that elementary students would love to read. I hope to be able to find books that would interest students who hate to read. If you have read a good book let me know. You can check out the books I have read on the left of my blog.

My other hobby is art. I took some private lessons when I was fourteen thinking it would be better than sitting at home watching TV. I didn't think I had a chance to be a good artist; but slowly with time and practice my skill increased. The rest of my blog has pictures of things I have done I put them in order from th most current to the least. Maybe at some point I will have a contest and draw someone a picture.

Well take a look and let me know what you think.

No comments: