Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Moments Matter That

So I keep hearing though letters about my brother but I don't know whats going on! Did his companion get hurt or something? Im getting desperate for some info will you forward his mail?
Thanks for the letter Kac, I'll be sending you one soon, and please do send the recipes. Im so jealous your going to Disneyland with all the kids! You sure you can't wait a few more months. ;) That's funny that they are all dressing up already.
So I had some visitors the other day. Jodi Jensen and her family came and I was able to give them a tour. It was so fun and they talked about how well Beth is doing.
So here's my funny story. It might not be as funny to you because you haven't met the sisters but here it is. So there are two sisters here who share a pday with us. Sister Moon-she's from Korea, and sister Imoto-she's from Japan. They wanted to get permission to drive here, they have licenses but didn't get them approved. Elder Eubank said that he wanted to take them out to practice before he gave them permission. After they got back the first time sister Moon was telling us about it. She said, "I love driving! I love speed, speed is so good!" We told her that wasn't a good thing in Laie since the highest speed limit is 40 and that's on the highway. We told her to be careful she was to crazy. She said that Elder Eubank wanted her to practice with him again. I guess that when she was driving with him the first time when they were coming into the parking lot she was driving to fast and he had to pull the emergency break on her. :) He is really brave to let them practice and he's letting them do it in his new car. So the other day he took them out again. This was the test to see if they could drive. Sister Moon came back and with a sad face said "I ran into a garbage can. I was doing so well! and when I was coming back I hit it and broke off Elder Eubanks mirror. He told me that I should wait till I get back to Korea and practice driving there." we were laughing so hard because all day she was talking about how she was going to be so good to pass her test so she could drive FAST. She keeps asking us if she can drive our car, and then she tells us she will pick us up on pday. She is so funny! We're going to record her telling the story because for some reason it so much funnier coming from an Asian. :)
We are doing great we still have a few people we are working with. We thought we had lost a couple of our best, but miraculously they emailed us back this week. One of them emailed us and told us he got into an accident, where his car rolled 4 times. He dislocated both elbows, one shoulder, and his knee was punctured! Sounds like he'll be out of commission for a while. But we are glad that he's okay.
Well here's a great new video for the week, from the mormon channel on youtube it talks about focusing on moments that matter most. Life can have so many hard, difficult struggles, but if we don't think about these precious moments that are occurring now and only look at what's wrong with our lives we will never see the good and we will be a miserable angry person. Try wwriting about a special moment each day so you don't forget, and you can look back later when times do get hard. Put a post it not in your purse or pocket so you will be prepared.
I love you all and look forward to hearing from you soon!

No comments: