Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Ups And Downs

Hola
Ups and down, right now it's a down but working to make it an up. There are always hard times to compliment the good time and to help us grow. It's been a challenging week but I can definitely feel Gods love and support. Mom you asked about us speaking in sacrament hahah that was like six weeks ago! We talked about missionary work. I talked about the statistics of member's help in missionary work and Hermana Rodriguez talked about the blessings that come from missionary work. It went well. That will be neat that you(the Bishopric and wives) will all talk on Christmas! That would be fun to see, can't remember the last time mom had to speak in church. :)
Thanksgiving here is pretty much like at home. Any excuse to have family over and eat lots of food that's good enough for Hawaii. We'll probably be going to our different ward activities throughout the day, one is doing breakfast and the other one is doing dinner. I still am not sure about the evening it's pretty tricky in students wards. It should be fun for my companion though, they really don't celebrate Thanksgiving. We had stuffing the other day (pretty sure it was stovetop :) ) and it was to nice to have. She hadn't ever had it before and didn't really like it. :)
Decorating for Christmas here was yesterday, and me and sister Sandstrom had to miss it, We had a leadership meeting in Honolulu and it went from 8-6. I was really sad, I really wanted to help set up since I took it all down last year. But you know sometimes we have to give up things we want to do for things that we need to do right?
That's really neat to hear about Beth and her blessing! I will be so happy if Tucker and I are back in time to see her go through the temple. How is Kate doing?
Well here's a scripture that I was studying today that really helped me Alma 34:40-41. One day we will be able to rest from all of our trials but for now we just have to face them with patience and ask for the Lords help.
Well I have to get going.
Love ya

No comments: