Saturday, February 26, 2011

Learning Feb 17, 2011

Aloha!
Well it has been another six weeks, so on Monday I will find out who my new companion is and when my new Pday will be. I have learned a lot this transfer, especially humility. It is really, really hard to accept criticism with love but I'm learning. I'm also learning how to not look for something to criticize back. It was nice to hear from some of you and to get a little update, I hope you all had a really nice Valentines day.
We taught a young woman (investigator) the other day about the gospel of Jesus Christ we asked how she was doing with her reading. She told us that she had been reading on her own and she had been going through some trials, so she turned to the book of Mormon, which is great for someone one who isn't a member yet to realize all the answers in life are found in the Book of Mormon, any way she came upon the scripture in 2 Nephi 2:11 that says "there must be opposition in all things. If not righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad. Wherefore, all things must needs be a compound in one; wherefore, if it should be one body it must needs remain as dead, having no life neither death, nor corruption, happiness nor misery, neither sense nor insensibility." She said that it really made sense, if we don't have hard things we wont have good things either. I was really happy that she had found that on her own and was able to be comforted by the words of god. I think that message is so amazing. Yeah things do get hard sometimes but we remember how we overcame that difficult time and learned from it. We also keep those good times close because we know that it isn't always going to be easy. It's nice to know that the lord knows what he is doing and what will help us the most, and what will help us to get through those hard times.
Well that's my thought for this week, I'm not sure when I will write again but I hope you have a great week!
Love sister Pinder

No comments: