Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Beach Clean Up

Hi! It"s been a good week. We had a crazy night last night lots of thunder and lightening which I guess is pretty unusual here. I must say I'm glad for that. The thunder is SOO loud we had a really hard time sleeping even though we were exhausted. Good thing it's our P-day and we get to go take a nap later. :)
The best thing that happened this week was the fact that we got to go on the beach! We had helping hands so we got to go help the wards clean up the beaches. I have wanted to walk in the sand since I have gotten here. I don't really care about the water but I just wanted to walk in the sand. So it was soo nice to be able to do that probably for the first and last time while I'm here. :)
Sorry this letter is pretty short but not a lot has happened. It's pretty slow here, I think with all the natural disasters there aren't as many visitors. But the great thing is even though our numbers are down our referrals are up, so the Lord is definitely blessing us.
A new Mormon Message came out this week it's called The Civility Experiment and it is so good! It's something that as human beings we struggle with every day. Loving others seems to be really hard, not judging those we love and those we don't know. It's something Ive really been trying to work on this transfer in particular, but with out help I feel it is impossible to not judge people. I don't even understand why it happens only that it is not good and that we should try harder to understand others before we make snap judgments. I know that if everyone did this people wouldn't be so self conscious all the time. Wouldn't that be great? So here's the challenge for the week. Talk with someone you have previously judged and see how you can help them. Or even say something nice to someone you have thought something rude about. It will be hard but I know that not only will you make a difference in someone else s life it will make a huge difference in your life as well.
Matt it was so nice to hear from you!! Glad that all is going well.
Thanks for your love and support,
Cant wait to talk with you Sunday. Don't know when Ill be calling yet but Elder Eubank said we could email when we figure out the schedule.

No comments: