Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Aloha

Well the work presses forward, we get new questions every day I like it though because it really causes me to research and explore things I haven't thought about before. There was someone last night that was challenging the great flood of Noah. I read some articles online( one of them was by brother Perry I also saw him in a documentary on the Book of Mormon that was fun :) ) and in one there was a really good quote about how 'we don't' know everything and we aren't meant to. If we did it would eliminate the need for faith.' That really is so true. If there was concrete proof for everything people would worship science not God. We are here to figure out for ourselves our relationship with our Heavenly Father and to follow His example. If something like not having proof of an Ark or something that isn't essential to our salvation stops us from following the commandments of God we are never going to be able to learn the mysteries of God. He is willing to teach us and help us understand but if we expect the answers to fall into our laps with out effort or faith we are doing ourselves a disservice. So here's the challenge for the week- study something in the Gospel you haven't studied before, use the Bible Dictionary or a source your normally don't use, you will be amazed at what you learn. Study the basics like prayer, faith, the Holy Ghost there are so many things that we only have a surface understanding of. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to study and I'm so grateful for the Gospel!
Well family I will let you know what my fate is next week! Love you all.

No comments: